Design is a Superpower, capable of influencing people and solving big problems. We’re looking for a few good Superheroes.
How would you use your design power to improve our community socially, economically, environmentally and/or culturally?
If you have an idea, we want to hear it. Send us a completed application for the Pour Back Fund and if your idea is something our judges want to see come to life, you will be awarded a grant of $2500 to make it happen. Apply here.
Submissions will be accepted until February 2, 2015 at midnight.
- You must be a graphic designer in North America. You might work solo, in a studio, an agency, in-house, as a teacher, or as a student – so long as you call yourself a designer, you’re qualified to apply for the Pour Back grant. Group applications are cool so long as everyone in the group complies with the above.
- Your project must use the power of Design for Good. We judge projects based on how much positive impact they can have on the community socially, economically, environmentally, and culturally. If we can’t see the good, you can’t see the cash.
- Fill out the PDF application COMPLETELY. Unfinished and poorly completed applications are a waste of your time and the judges. Make sure your application clearly explains what you want to do, how you plan to do it and why it’s important. Your judges will include the AIGA community, industry leaders, and your peers.
- Submit supporting visuals for your concept. Include with your application final visualizations, and other supporting media such as; video, photos, sketches, graphics, writings, renderings, etc. Your visual (excluding videos) should be high quality (300 dpi) and fit on an 8.5" X 11" sheet of paper. You’re a visual designer; this should be the easy part. Keep in mind your work may also be displayed on the AIGA site.
- If you win, we expect to see action. The Pour Back Fund was established to benefit the community through design, so we want to see it happen. If awarded the grant, we require you to check in quarterly with AIGA to give progress updates, including your fund-use specified in the application and any results. You will be given opportunities to promote your project on the AIGA blog and potentially to present at future Pour Back events.