An email glitch has come to our attention. If you have applied to the Pour Back grant before January 26, 2015, we have not received your submission. We'd love to review it, so please resubmit and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe what goes around comes around. By empowering the next generation of design leaders who want to give back, we hope to create a more thriving, vibrant, and creative community. In turn, this inspires the next generation of creative leaders to pay it forward.
Design is a Superpower, capable of influencing people and solving big problems. We’re looking for a few good Superheroes.
How would you use your design power to improve our community socially, economically, environmentally and/or culturally?
If you have an idea, we want to hear it. Send us a completed application for the Pour Back Fund and if your idea is something our judges want to see come to life, you will be awarded a grant of $2500 to make it happen. Apply here.
Submissions will be accepted until February 2, 2015 at midnight.
- You must be a graphic designer in North America. You might work solo, in a studio, an agency, in-house, as a teacher, or as a student – so long as you call yourself a designer, you’re qualified to apply for the Pour Back grant. Group applications are cool so long as everyone in the group complies with the above.
- Your project must use the power of Design for Good. We judge projects based on how much positive impact they can have on the community socially, economically, environmentally, and culturally. If we can’t see the good, you can’t see the cash.
- Fill out the PDF application COMPLETELY. Unfinished and poorly completed applications are a waste of your time and the judges. Make sure your application clearly explains what you want to do, how you plan to do it and why it’s important. Your judges will include the AIGA community, industry leaders, and your peers.
- Submit supporting visuals for your concept. Include with your application final visualizations, and other supporting media such as; video, photos, sketches, graphics, writings, renderings, etc. Your visual (excluding videos) should be high quality (300 dpi) and fit on an 8.5" X 11" sheet of paper. You’re a visual designer; this should be the easy part. Keep in mind your work may also be displayed on the AIGA site.
- If you win, we expect to see action. The Pour Back Fund was established to benefit the community through design, so we want to see it happen. If awarded the grant, we require you to check in quarterly with AIGA to give progress updates, including your fund-use specified in the application and any results. You will be given opportunities to promote your project on the AIGA blog and potentially to present at future Pour Back events.
Give thanks and give back at our fall fundraiser at WeWork in South Lake Union!
Join us for a pre-Thanksgiving party, as we support design for good. All of the ticket sales will go to the Pour Back Fund, a grant given to designers with projects that benefit the Pacific Northwest Community. We'd be really thankful if you made it!
What to expect?
- Silent Auction featuring Seattle artists and designers
- Raffle with lots of great prizes
- -Sip and Sketch hosted by FiftyThree
- Woodland Creatures Photobooth
- Hilliard's Beer station
- Schilling Cider station
- Pie Station with sweet & savory Thanksgiving pies
- More to come!
Raffle prizes / Auction items
- A voucher from School of Visual Concepts (worth up to a $525 class)
- A Pencil stylus from FiftyThree
- 3 Month subscription for Adobe Creative Cloud
- Seattle Art Museum shop books & swag
- Paper Hammer gift bags filled with all type of letter-pressed goodies
- A pair of Hilliard's beer glasses
- A pair of growlers and glasses from Schilling Cider
- A gift basket from Annie's Art and Frame
- Chocolate gift basket from E Smith's Mercantile
- $25 Gift certificate from Lucid
- A pair of "Do What You Love" mugs from WeWork
- A set of Lusty Letter greeting cards - Lusty Letter
- Art prints from local artists
- More to come!
AIGA $10 ($15 at the door)
Non-Member $15 ($17 at the door)
You must be 21+ to attend.
Give thanks and give back at our fall fundraiser sponsored by WeWork. Join us for an evening of fun, food, and great people. We'd be really thankful if you made it!
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 / 6:00pm - 9:00pm / at WeWork